What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Book: GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook

Noah

Well Known Member
I read a review on this book that sounded like it might be worth reading. Wondering if anybody has read it and can comment whether it's worth $38. Anybody got a copy that wants to part with it?

Max Trescott's GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook

TIA

Last edited:
I have Max's G1000 CD-Rom course and his WAAS GPS course. They're both excellent. I would highly recommend anything from Mr Trescott.

I read a review on this book that sounded like it might be worth reading. Wondering if anybody has read it and can comment whether it's worth $38. Anybody got a copy that wants to part with it?

TIA

Noah, I have a new copy of Instrument Flying, 4th Edition, by Richard L. Taylor that is well rated on Amazon. I will gladly mail it to you and pay the shipping, if you will make a donation to Doug Reeves in my name. I won it in a drawing but am a permanent-VFR pilot.
Leland Collins

Max Trescott's GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook

TIA

I recently bought this book to learn a bit about WAAS/LPV/LNAV+VNAV/LNAV approaches and have found it to be quite good.

I got it as a Christmas present and I'm working my way through it. LOTS of information and seems very good.

A good investment

I bought it 2(?) years ago and found it a good read that explains complex topics thoroughly and well; it's worth buying.

Given the pace of change (I don't recall any mention of ADS-B), you might check to see when it was last updated.

Back