What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N717AZ Flies

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
After a too long of period my new RV7 took flight this morning for a short shakedown flight. The 7 is equipped with a Lycoming/Barrett 220hp IO390 and Whirlwind RV74 prop.

Avionics include AFS dual 5500T's, Garmin 750, remote Garmin 330ES, TruTrak Gemini 880, CO Gaurdian, Garmin SL40. AeroLED's, VPX-Pro, Approach systems wiring hub.

Shortly after takeoff, I lost the oil pressure and manifold pressure indications. I was sure the problem was in the connectors for each. I rejoined the pattern and landed. Sure enough the connectors had come loose. They were fixed and a full inspection done. More flying in the morning. The 18kt direct crosswind now is keeping me flying.

I cannot thank my friend Ron Moring enough for his help and prodding to get the plane done. Also, Rob Hickman, Tim Haas and Stein Bruch for their continued help and patience while getting everything set up.

More later!!

Congratulations

After a too long of period my new RV7 took flight this morning for a short shakedown flight.

Darwin, been wondering about the status of your new bird.

Photos are mandatory ----- you know that.

Congrats on the fledgling:D

Outstanding!

Ron is a good guy and it is good to know he kicked you in the hind end to "get 'er done"!

Darwin,

Congratulations! I know it has been a long road. Looks like you are out flying as I type this (FlightAware!).

Nice to have another RV on the field.

Congrats Darwin! And to the rest of you, hold onto your socks when you see Darwin's new ride! The build is second to none and the paint just spectacular!

Back