What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nexus 7 replacement

boomer

Well Known Member
My Nexus 7 tablet has given up the ghost. I used it for Garmin Pilot and found it to be superior to an IPad in brightness and readability in a sunlit cockpit. Nexus 7's have been phased out, and I wonder if anyone has found another similarly sized tablet that is as good or better? What about the ASUS 8" tablets? Maybe the new IPad mini's are up to snuff in brightness?

Thanks,

Boomer

I'm using a Nexus 9 with FltPlan Go and it seems great. Don't have experience with iAnything so can't compare against those but the Nexus is brighter than other Android tablets I've seen.

I'm using a Nexus 9 also. Really bright for old eyes ( Couldn't see the mini ipad). The only problem is, its BIG. 9" by 6"

used Nexus 7

Amazon Warehouse is selling Nexus 7's for as low as $124. I've bought used and refurbished stuff from them before, with good results.

I was using a nexus 7 and just bought a galaxy tab s2 to replace my aging nexus. I haven't used it in the cockpit yet but the display is great and it is lightning fast.

I just bought a Galaxy Tab S2 8". Have not used in the cockpit yet, but the display is very bright, ridiculously sharp and fast as anything. It is an AMOLED, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Back