What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paul Dye

jjconstant

Well Known Member
I finally got to meet Paul Dye in person. He was the guest speaker at our Livermore, CA EAA Chapter 663 annual dinner and I was able to go for only the 2nd time in many years of being an EAA member. Paul is a terrific speaker and did a talk about the Space Shuttle which included many stories, illustrated with photos and diagrams. It was framed as a familiarization brief for someone who would be flying it. He tailored it masterfully for the mixed group that includes many wives/girlfriends who may not have been as heartily infected with the aviation bug as their other halves, but were there to share the event with them. It was a really well done and inspirational talk, tinged with bittersweet at the loss of the program and dispersal of the remarkable talent that Paul assembled. I get the impression that a successful Fight Director also has to have a good nose for talent and who will be a good fit for the team. The loss of the people was clearly a painful aspect to the end of the program for Paul.
It was a joy to meet Paul in person and after the event I snuck out to the airport on my way back home to pay my respects to Tsam. Even in the dark, viewed by the light of my high beams, she is one Bad-A$$ girl!
Thanks for a great presentation Paul, and it was great see you face to face!

Jeremy,

Well said. My wife and I very much enjoyed Paul's talk on the Space Shuttle we could have listened to Paul for another hour or so.
I also want to say thanks to Paul for a great presentation.

Best,

Danny Parker
RV6 N360DP
VAF 2014 dues paid

It was my pleasure to get to meet the many builders and pilots in the Livermore chapter! Your hospitality was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit "down the hill". Beautiful flight back up to Nevada this morning was just a bonus.

Regret

My only regret is that I did not get out to the airport early enough this morning to see Paul's -3. He must have left at sunup.
Leland

One of these days we can get Paul to write that book on his exploits at NASA! But---he is alittle busy in his retirement!!!!:D
Tom

Paul is as influential in person as he is in his writings.

After my wife met Paul and Louise at Polly Ranch, her firm resistance to my proposed build project evaporated.

BTW, one day, they took the time to teach me proper use of tools and construction techniques . . . after drilling out a few rivets, I told Paul, ?I think I?ve got it now.? His response was simply, ?Drill out some more.? Good advice. Great people.

Paul

How about a presentation to chapter 690 at LZU if you are in the Atlanta Area? I'll guarantee a free breakfast to you & Louise on the first Saturday of any month + as an added bonus you can fly the Mockingbird!:p

Back