What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Homecoming. Who will be there?

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Several of us Canadians are making the long trek. Just wondered who else is planning on attending and frome where.

Hope to see lots of RV's and finally get to tour the Vans facility.

Chime in where you are coming from and your route.

CYQG-KPTK-KLDM-GRB-AUW-KEAU-KBIS First day
KBIS-LWT-KGTF Day two
KGTF-MLP-KALW-PDT-7S5 Day three

(if we make good time will divert to other stops nearby to enjoy the scenery)

Biggest RV trip yet.

You'll enjoy it!!!

Attended last year and had a great time. This year they moved it up and it falls on my week to work. Bummer. Had a great time and you'll enjoy the location and the people.

Laura and I are going to be there.

As Darwin said, it is a lot of fun, great people.

Weather

We are all stuck in Great Falls Montana. Brutal storm last night, gust up to 70mph and kept going to airport to check planes. At midnight worst was over and all seem to have survived. Canopy covers didnt fare as well, but....hope to finish the route tomorrow.

Moving FBO's too... This guy wouldnt even meet at FBO to let us check on planes. Had to get airport security to get access. Nice service. Oregon by thurs aft.

Rick we are waiting for your arrivals here at Independence Oregon! If you all have a chance to visit McMinnville Space & aircraft museum just north 15 miles from here please do so. Remember your EAA (national) membership gets you into any Flight museum across the country for FREE if your home membership address is over 200 miles from that museum. We are expecting clear skies this Thursday Friday and Saturday afternoons. Always check for weather updates. Afternoon 4pmTemps around 95 degrees and 20 to 40 % humidity. For the mornings in the low 60's until say 9am. In the mornings here in the Valley we will have a marine push of clouds that usally burns off around 11 am. You can check KSLE weather station for updates. KSLE (Salem McNary Field) is 10 miles east of 7S5 independence Oregon airport. Salem (KSLE) airport has two 5000' runways. Plenty of tie downs if needed. If you are coming Thursday check with Vans this afternoon and see if you can take a VANS factory tour. You'll be flying right over it enroute to Independence. Hows Peter Marshall doing. Say Hi from all of us.

Ron in Oregon
Vice Pres Chpt 292

Last edited:
Where is the Saturday Night banquet?

I will be in a race Saturday morning in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. Is there a motel near by? Pretty full plate right now to think about this but I probably will never be that close again. Otherwise I'll spend the night in Sheridan, Wyoming on the way back to Arkansas.

Bob Axsom

I will be in a race Saturday morning in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. Is there a motel near by? Pretty full plate right now to think about this but I probably will never be that close again. Otherwise I'll spend the night in Sheridan, Wyoming on the way back to Arkansas.

Bob Axsom

Bob, check the Van's web site.
In years past, a lot of the people that live on the airpark have hosted fly-in visitors in their homes.

Friday arrival

I'll be arriving late Friday afternoon. The local motel was filled when I called a week ago, but one of the chapter members is taking me in, and parking my plane in front of his hangar. What a great chapter spirit.
Leland

I'll try to work something out

I'm getting everything wrapped up to leave in the morning. I will try to at least stop by before heading home - weather permitting.

Got to get a little sleep before a FULL day of flying tomorrow.

Bob Axsom

Come to Independence. 7S5 Our chapter /airpark members will make sure you have a place to stay at their home. Nicest people in the world! Ron in Oregon 9A
Ron Sterba
Vice Pres chapter 292.

Thanks

I spent half a day at the homecoming Saturday and had a nice time. Thanks to Van's staff and CH292 for hosting + participating in the event. Thanks also to Mauricie for special event fuel price of $5.20 (pumps near the Starduster Cafe at the north end of the parking are).

It was nice to meet frequent posters Mike Starkey and Bob Axsom.

Regards,

Thanks Roy for the nice compliment. I'll pass it on to the group. Its was fun and challeging too! I had especially good time meeting and trying to welcome all whom came personally. Hope to see you soon!

Ron in Oregon chapter 292

Sorry I didn't get to spend more time

When I tried to start after refueling - it wouldn't.

Al Cleveland helped me move the plane and he brought over his truck and jumper cables. After I finally got it hooked up it started right away. Since I had it running and full of gas I started home. Stayed overnight in Boise and it grudgingly started the next morning. I flew to Cheyenne, refueled started again, flew to Hutchinson, Kansas refueled and started again. Got home just before dark. I will install a new battery before going to Urbana, OH for the MERFI race this coming Saturday. I'm glad I got to meet a couple of people.

Bob Axsom

Bob, I wondered where you had gone, was looking for you.

Glad I at least got to say hello, and shake your hand.

Glad you made it home safe.

Bob was a pleasure to meet you at Our Vans Home coming fly-in! Glad you made it home safely! I'll pass the Kudos to Al Cleveland. Mike it was very nice to meet & have you there. Heard from a few of our members whom said it was nice to meet the faces that match the names from Vansairforce forums pages. I agree! Glad you made the trip. Hope you got over to the coast for some of the other activities that we had away from the airport. WE Thank everyone for coming I had a wonderful time greeting and meeting all of you! Can't wait to hear from the Canadains of their trip home.

Ron in Oregon 9A
Vice Pres chpt 292
Independence Oregon

Back