What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just received my QT Halos...

prporter

Well Known Member
....and to be honest, I thought I was going to be returning them. I have to tell you I LOVE them. So much less fatiguing then regular clamp on headsets, and the earplugs feel normal after a few minutes. They just seem to disappear from your head. They drown out my Rocket's engine noise to a gentle purr. The best part is that it also keeps my hairdo looking fresh when I land...!

Last edited:
Tell me more

I thought I had provided superior cockpit comfort by buying 4 LS ZULUs for my RV-10.
However, it appears that my lovely wife would prefer not to have her hair
disheveled after an otherwise very comfortable flight.
Maybe QT Halos are the answer.
I see them advertised for $359.-?? really, or am I looking at the wrong ones.
http://www.quiettechnologies.com/index_007.htm
Is this an ANR version?

No anr... deep insertion is key

The halo system depends on a good seal that comes from deep insertion of the plug... properly seated they are quiter than my Bose anr with very good stereo sound. Nothing better for comfort, flexibility in headgear, canopy clearance, or that all so important hairdew preservation ;)

...and I just ditched my QT halo with 1000 hrs of use for a pair of clarity aloft. I got tired of making excuses for the crappy electric control unit (volume pot) and moisture (sweat) buildup in the tube baffles (huh, what did you say!), not to mention having to keep two pair in the airplane so that one could be headed back to Phil once every 12-18 months. I'm still getting used to a new found level of quality that my copilot has been telling me about the whole time.

prporter;670530I have to tell you I LOVE them. So much less fatiguing then regular clamp on headsets said:
Totally agree. I've been using a pair for about 5 years and just sent them in for an overhaul. Cheap enough that I bought another set to use while I wait.

What needed to be overhauled?

The symptom was that occasionally my transmissions were carrier only (no voice). I started looking and found that one of the wires solder'd onto the circuit board had pulled off (along with the trace so resoldering was not possible). It would sometimes make contact, sometimes not.

A big part of the reason for purchasing a new Halo was that my Johnson Creek trip was just around the corner and I didn't want to wear a traditional headset on such a long trip (miserable...).

A big part of the reason for purchasing a new Halo was that my Johnson Creek trip was just around the corner and I didn't want to wear a traditional headset on such a long trip (miserable...).

Jon, when will you be at JC? There will be eight of us arriving this Sunday and departing on Wednesday.

To keep on thread, I bought the Halo and love it.

Jon, when will you be at JC?

I was there this past weekend (6/14-6/17) for the bushwheel fly-in. It was a GLORIOUS trip - I'm documenting it on my blog. There were about six RV's there (two from NM, two from UT, one from WA, and ??).

Did I mention that I love my QT Halo?? ;)

Back