What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oklahoma City

db9469

Preparing to move from Dallas to OKC. Just wondering if there is much of an RV following up there. The regional part of the VAF website doesn't list OK anywhere. Thanks in advance for any info.

I kind of wondered why OK isn't listed anywhere either. I live in OKC at Twin Lakes airpark, 2OK2. We have a few RV's here, one under construction and 3, I think, flying. There's also several in the OKC metro area that I know of personally. Give me a call (405) 417-6077.

Marshall Alexander

You can find RV's in Gutherie, Sundance, Shawnee and Page where I am. Don't hear much about Norman. There are 3 EAA chapters in the area with RV's represented well in each of them. There are also 4 residential strips in the area. One of them along with Sundance and Page have great 'hanger bums' where you can get all the hanger flying and or real help that you want.
Depending on which side of town you plan on working and living will influence where you hanger to some extent.
Lastly, if you like flying with the big boys and paying big boy prices, Wiley Post is also available.

RV's in OKC

We have my RV9A and an RV7A SW of the city on a private grass strip (Thompson, 53OK) outside of Tuttle, OK. We are about 15-20 miles as the 737 flies SW of Will Rogers. There are several RV guys around the area. As stated, everything depends on where you end up in the city.

Howdy Cousins

I'm thinking real hard about escaping New Sao Paulo (Miami) and spending a week or so with the folks in Norman. Any recommendations on where I might be able to put the RV indoors for a week or so? I don't think Westheimer is an option, Sundance maybe? No way is she outside in OK in May, haven't been gone that long.

Didn't mean to highjack a thread, the neighbors were already assembled so.....

I'm thinking real hard about escaping New Sao Paulo (Miami) and spending a week or so with the folks in Norman. Any recommendations on where I might be able to put the RV indoors for a week or so? I don't think Westheimer is an option, Sundance maybe? No way is she outside in OK in May, haven't been gone that long.

Sundance is a long way from Norman. Have you considered David J. Perry (1K4) south of Norman? They have a large open hangar at the FBO building that perhaps they could place it in. You might give them a call. If I had the room I would welcome you in my hangar at Thompson (53OK) but I have a Cessna taking up room currently.

Bring it to my house. I live on a private airport, Twin Lakes 2OK2. We're 6 1/2 miles SE of Tinker AFB. My hangar is 20' from my house. I've got plenty of room in my hangar for a couple of "extra" RVs.

Marshall Alexander

Last edited:
Preparing to move from Dallas to OKC. Just wondering if there is much of an RV following up there. The regional part of the VAF website doesn't list OK anywhere. Thanks in advance for any info.

Pass the info to Doug- I am sure he would like to know. He seemed to have forgotten at one point that New Mexico was part of the U.S., too...I had to remind him..:rolleyes:

Pass the info to Doug- I am sure he would like to know. He seemed to have forgotten at one point that New Mexico was part of the U.S., too...I had to remind him..:rolleyes:

We'll see how much he remembers after the Mavs/Thunder game(s):D

Marshall Alexander

Back