What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

Although the first pic is a bit dated, it was taken back in 2006 shortly after Francis Poplawski worked his paint magic, it is still my favorite.

reevespics001.jpg

The second pic is my favorite travel photo. Taken just after landing at Alpine, Texas and showing my wife?s ?RV Grin?---thanks to Charlie and Dee Brame for the photo.

copyofbbrspindianlodge0.png

All the best and of course,

Cheers,

db

Thanks Brian.
I tried to follow the instructions and was getting nowhere.

The small dent (all things considered) in the left wing briefly held a
13 lb Canandian Goose. but that might be the topic of
another thread " things I've hit while flying"

Sean

Lion Rampant

JSharkey,

Good to know I'm not the only plane with the St. Andrews Cross and Lion Rampant flags displayed on it.

Accidental Immigrant

Yes - I'm an accidental Scottish immigrant - the buggers get everywhere :)

Yeah I know what you mean.
I got transfered here for 3 months that lead to six and so on. It's now been 14 years!!, I'm not complaining though, the weather is a lot better.

Yeah I know what you mean.
I got transfered here for 3 months that lead to six and so on. It's now been 14 years!!, I'm not complaining though, the weather is a lot better.

Yep - Christmas 1993 I asked the wife how she felt about a two year gig in the USA. And 17 plus years later we still haven't been caught :)

at the badlands fly-in

ah, the badlands fly-in. great trip. sightseeing, rv nuts, buffalo burgers, steak, burning avgas over the badlands and circling devils tower. what more can you want?

photo courtesy of iphone.

web.jpg

Man are they the best or what!

Although the first pic is a bit dated, it was taken back in 2006 shortly after Francis Poplawski worked his paint magic, it is still my favorite.

reevespics001.jpg

The second pic is my favorite travel photo. Taken just after landing at Alpine, Texas and showing my wife?s ?RV Grin?---thanks to Charlie and Dee Brame for the photo.

copyofbbrspindianlodge0.png

All the best and of course,

Cheers,

db

I love them..They ride nice :)

I am talking about the airplane....:D LOL!!

Nice bird

New Favorite Ground Pic

I have a new ?on the ground? favorite pic of 9DB to replace the 2006 vintage pic posted earlier in this thread.

The weather here in the SW US has been spectacular for the last week--highs in the low 50?s, no wind, no humidity, and a deep azure sky that goes on forever. The trip from Prescott to this location took 1 hr 10 min each way at 63%. We had to fly a slight ?dogleg? path due to a large "rock" in our direct route--care to guess the location of the pic??

monumentvalleygouldings.jpg

Cheers,

db

I feel like I am cheating but it is Monument Valley. I'd recognize that tie down area anywhere.

I would have had some great shots if I would have taken my cover off.
1047594760_njxKV-XL.jpg

I have a new ?on the ground? favorite pic of 9DB to replace the 2006 vintage pic posted earlier in this thread.

The weather here in the SW US has been spectacular for the last week--highs in the low 50?s, no wind, no humidity, and a deep azure sky that goes on forever. The trip from Prescott to this location took 1 hr 10 min each way at 63%. We had to fly a slight ?dogleg? path due to a large "rock" in our direct route--care to guess the location of the pic??

monumentvalleygouldings.jpg

Cheers,

db

Not my best photo

But I had to get this in for obvious reasons. Red and White RV's ROCK!

Beautiful plane, Dave.

Rightrearsmall.jpg

It's Hard to Beat a Doug Reeve's Picture....

I've had this as one of my screen wallpapers for awhile now - Our Fearless leader took it up at Petit jean a few years back....

IMG_1505.jpg

Paul

ah, the badlands fly-in. great trip. sightseeing, rv nuts, buffalo burgers, steak, burning avgas over the badlands and circling devils tower. what more can you want?

photo courtesy of iphone.

web.jpg

It's amazing what modern day "smartphones" can do! Who needs to take a separate camera with you unless you plan to take some super hi-res pics (which are good too... my wide screen monitor appreciates them)!

BTW Don... Awesome picture and of course your plane looks amazing in my Alma Mater's colors (University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens)! Might be my background for a little while :D

Landed at Redding, Ca, airport (KRDD) for lunch and liked the view of Mt. Lassen in the Background. A great view of Mt. Shasta is also visible from this location.

Last edited:
Not my "most awesome" picture of it on the ground, but one I like..

Waiting out some nasty wx at KDCU..

IMG_0008-1.jpg

nice schristo!

Hey Stephen,

I see you've written the last big check for a while for the paint. Congratulations! Hope to see it live at a flyin at some point...

Don

Downtown Toronto

My wife Linda took this picture on a trip to Toronto one weekend a few years ago. I think she showed it to me on the camera screen just after she took it, then I forgot about it until the other day.

cntower.jpg

Last edited:
img0723v.jpg

this is more than one picture in this post but i like this one a lot. the west end of the grand canyon in 2004 trip west.

Last edited:
Blue Angels painted RV9a with FA-18 in background

My flying 9a (originally built/flown by Brian Sowell) came with Blue Angels colors. On a recent trip to Alliance (AFW) to visit my big brother at the speedway, I parked at the edge of the ramp to minimize potential for jet blast and coincidentally ended directly in front of this sweet-looking FA-18. I just had to get a couple photos with its warfighting big brother in the background:
3311wnt.jpg

16ae907.jpg

When I left, all the Air Force trainers had departed already but the FA-18 was still there so I snapped another by itself. Wish I could say it was my ride... ;)
qpfo89.jpg

Man....I love RV's...they are gourgeous aircraft and so nimble to fly! ONE DAY!!!!!! ONE DAY!!!!!

32-Patton4-17-10.jpg

This shot was in the first cut for this years calendar. Vans said they generally don't do ground shots, but were interested in this one.

Just starting to roll from Avenal, California after a day of soaring in my HP-18

Bruce Patton
596S, flying since 1998

I took this in January this year.

It's in front of my hangar and the temp is WELL below freezing.... (and so was I too... )

Back