What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New product for Experimentals - Safety Trim

RNewman

Fellow RV builders,

I am pleased to announce that we have introduced a new product for the experimental aircraft market called Safety-Trim.

Safety-Trim is an intelligent electronic servo controller for the elevator and aileron trim servos used in many of our homebuilts.

Safety-Trim replaces the standard relay decks and speed controllers presently used with an electronic solution that resolves issues such as run-away trim conditions and failure to operate trim conditions. Safety-Trim provides for a time limited operation of the trim servos with each press of the trim switch on the control stick. Trim motion is limited to 3 seconds of actuation with each press of the trim switch. Additionally, an emergency reverse switch allows you to recover from a failed trim switch.

For all the details please visit our web site: www.tcwtech.com
or call 610-390-7195 or email: [email protected]

Single and Dual axis controllers are now available.

Best regards,
Bob Newman
TCW Technologies

Speed control question

Interesting product! Is there any provision for "dual" trim speed control? For instance, I know some builders have installed a micro-switch so when flaps are actuated the trim moves faster.

Safety-Trim dual speed

Toddav8R,

We are planning to come out with a new model in November that has all the features of Safety-Trim as described on our web site: ie. speed control, time limited operation, emergency reverse , PLUS it will have two user adjustable speeds. We are in Beta testing right now!

If you take a look at our instruction sheet (available on our web site) you'll see Pin #8 in the wiring harness is identified as "2 speed switch"

The new model will have a switch closure input that may be connected to a flap position switch or to an "air-speed" switch ( we will be providing these)
and Saftey-Trim will provide speed control accordingly.

We welcome your emails and calls,

Bob Newman
TCW Technologies
[email protected]
www.tcwtech.com
610-390-7195

I met Bob and saw his demonstration a couple of weeks ago. It works exactly as he describes. With his unit you can never get a 'runaway' servo condition.

Fellow RV builders

TCW Technologies is pleased to announce two more new products to add to the SAFETY-TRIM product line.
We are introducing a servo controller with all the features previously made available in the standard Safety-Trim models plus the new models have 2 user adjustable preset speeds!

Now you can enjoy the benefits of Safety-Trim plus you can set 2 separate speeds for your servos. Using a switch closure input, Safety-Trim will operate your trim servos at a high speed and a low speed. The switch input may be connected to an air speed switch, a flap position switch or to a manual switch.

Safety-Trim brings many inovative features together in one product.

1) Time limited operation to prevent trim run-away.
2) Speed control
3) Simplified pilot/ co-pilot switch wiring
4) Emergency reverse
5) 2 user adjustable speed presets.

Visit: www.tcwtech.com
email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Bob Newman

Last edited:
I'll post this to the 2 running threads that I found about this trim system.

Just for those who may be curious for more info or real-install stories, I just got done this weekend with the installation of the 2-speed 2-axis system and I'm very glad I installed it. The RV-10 trim was workable if you tapped it just fine, but due to how fast it could get out of whack if you unknowingly laid something on the trim switch, I considered it a real safety hazard to leave the trim set at full speed in cruise. (At slow speeds it's fine, and even great)

So anyway, enough for now but here's my write-up on the installation.
http://www.myrv10.com/N104CD/upgrades/20071027/index.html

Wish this would have been something I knew about the need for while I was building, and wish I would have installed it right away.

Tim

Special promotions on Safety-Trim

Fellow RV builders,

TCW Technologies is please to make available two promotions that will help lower the cost of Safety-Trim Intelligent Servo Controllers.

Please visit our web site to learn about the promotions and to learn all about the trim controller system that solves the problem of run-away trim condition.

visit www.tcwtech.com

We welcome your calls and emails!

Thank you,
Bob Newman
TCW Technologies

Back