What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DFW Red Bull 2015 airport suggestions

There are other airports in the metroplex, but they're WAY out of the way. You read the best advice on that link.

T67 is close to the raceway and is probably outside of the TFR. You could also use Meacham on the north side of Fort Worth or if your friends are coming from the east perhaps Addison.

I disagree that other airports are WAY out of the way. I have a hanger at T67 and might even have room for you.

Red Bull DFW

Last year we booked a tie down reservation with US Aviation at KDTO Denton.

The rental car was brought out to the plane before we were finished unloading with the much appreciated AC running on a 95 degree day, service was great all around.

Chad

Denton!

Denton makes sense for me, flying in from the northeast. I'll check into it. Forgot about the impact the TFR would have. I plan on arriving on Saturday during the qualifications so there will be lots of traffic around Northwest.

T67 is "probably" outside the TFR for the air race. Last weekends Alliance airshow didn't effect us, and it is closer than the speedway.

Denton might be better for vehicle traffic south to the Speedway. But service at Meacham's Texas Jet is first rate.

Why is no one suggesting Alliance? Car rental on site and right next to the track. I'm planning to fly in there for the race Sun.

On to my real question, is the view better from the upper or lower level?

Thanks,
Alex

I thought the view was better from the upper level and you have shade. It was hot last year! Bring your handheld radio to listen in to comm with race control and the racers.

TJ

Flying into Denton

I decided to fly into Denton (KDTO) for the race and meet up with some friends driving in from Wichita. I'll give Business Air a try. They have lower fuel prices than US Aviation.

Back