What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newbie with KMD 150 question

ElsRV

I'm New Here
Just signed aboard so sorry if this is posted somewhere and I missed it. I had read a thread talking about the 150 and related cost (appx $250) to upgrade. I just bought by RV-7 with a 150 in the panel and it hasn't been updated since '04. I'll pull the trigger for $250 considering what I just paid for the RV ;). Went to the Bendix King site and it shows the North American upgrade for the 150 no longer available. Can anyone confirm the same or did I mess up?

Awesome website. Thanks for any help. Email would also be good...

Elliot

Last edited:
I have one in my Skyhawk ... I think the last update was in 2002 :D

Might be interested in a split as well if you guys go that route.

Thanks

Ask the previous owner if the KMD 150 internal battery has recently been changed. They last about 5 yrs. There is a thread here that tells how to do it

Not really half price

I just called to order a database update. Call it confusing, call it misleading, call it whatever you want, but don't call it half price.

Here's the real deal. If you have a 13 cycle full price subscription to another Bendix King product, you can get the KMD-150 updates for half price.

Now if someone on VAF already has a 13 cycle full price subscription and wouldn't mind adding on a half price subscription, I'd sure be interested in figuring out how to make this work.

I just called to order a database update. Call it confusing, call it misleading, call it whatever you want, but don't call it half price.

Here's the real deal. If you have a 13 cycle full price subscription to another Bendix King product, you can get the KMD-150 updates for half price.

Now if someone on VAF already has a 13 cycle full price subscription and wouldn't mind adding on a half price subscription, I'd sure be interested in figuring out how to make this work.

Yep, called them today as well and got the same story...
Garmin (and most other) updates are a bargain compared to B-K :eek:

Back