What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is Engine Delivered on a Pallet?

AboveMSL

Well Known Member
Hello,

My engine will ship within the next two weeks and I'm clearing space to store it. I have the dimensions of the box from Lycoming, however, I'm wondering if it's delivered on any sort of pallet that would add height to their dimensions?

Thanks.

Hello,

My engine will ship within the next two weeks and I'm clearing space to store it. I have the dimensions of the box from Lycoming, however, I'm wondering if it's delivered on any sort of pallet that would add height to their dimensions?

Thanks.

Yes, for mine - sitting on 3 pieces of 2X4's to allow forks under. Dunno if they included that with your dimensions. ??

Hello,

Thanks.

The bottom of my box was a very heavy cardboard pallet

Thanks everyone.

Cacooned in foam? Interesting, so a cardboard box was wrapped in foam? Or, was the foam on the inside of an exterior cardboard shell?

Here's what mine looked like. It arrived this last week, so yours should be the same.

Attachments

• enginevaf.jpg
    enginevaf.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 205
Foam

That's the outside. Basically they put the engine in a heavy plastic bag. Seal it. Pump expanding foam everywhere inside. It's a 6 pack job getting the engine out of there!:D

WELL PACKED

Lycoming Thunderbolt, IO-390 > Foam encased engine, in a box, on a pallet, on another pallet. Took me half a day to unpack.

Back