- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Default Lead times

Lead times are getting ridiculous, itís now 12 mos lead for a finishing kit.....
Old 06-03-2021, 11:13 AM

If I ever had had any interest in building an airplane, dealing with the now-added complexities of lead times and shipping delays would be the nail in that coffin.
AFS 5400/3500, G5, 430W, some other stuff
Old 06-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Which might be why it's a good time to get in. I just ordered my empennage kit with a four-month anticipated wait. I can't get into one of the Synergy classes until August, and I'll need that time to acquire tools and get my garage workshop ready, so I'm OK with that. I'm hoping by the time I get to the other pieces, that time will have come down. If not, it's just more time to save money towards it.

The alternative is the certified used aircraft market, where a clapped out 182 that predates man walking on the moon now goes for $150K+
Cary, NC
https://eylandaviationrv10.blogspot.com/
Old 06-03-2021, 02:02 PM

Default Synergy Air Class and Lead Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoughnut View Post
. . . the Synergy classes until August, . . . I'm hoping by the time I get to the other pieces, that time will have come down.
Just a heads up: If you're taking the 8 day (RV-10) Synergy Air empennage class you will mostly finish the empennage kit during the class, so with the current long lead times you may want to consider ordering your next kit now. However if you are only taking the 1 day Synergy Air intro class, than you will have a lot of work to do following the class.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the Synergy Air Empennage class. I found it to be a very valuable in-depth learning environment that gave me a great start in building my RV-10. After those 8 days I had a very good understanding of what good building looks like and how to accomplish it, and had used a wide variety of different tools so that I had a good idea of which ones I wanted to buy. The intro class doesn't even come close.

Welcome to the world of EAB. Hope you find it as enjoyable and I have.

RV-10 First Flight April 1, 2020. Phase 1 Complete
2021 VAF Dues Paid (plus a little more)
Old 06-03-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMA View Post
Just a heads up: If you're taking the 8 day (RV-10) Synergy Air empennage class you will mostly finish the empennage kit during the class, so with the current long lead times you may want to consider ordering your next kit now. However if you are only taking the 1 day Synergy Air intro class, than you will have a lot of work to do following the class.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the Synergy Air Empennage class. I found it to be a very valuable in-depth learning environment that gave me a great start in building my RV-10. After those 8 days I had a very good understanding of what good building looks like and how to accomplish it, and had used a wide variety of different tools so that I had a good idea of which ones I wanted to buy. The intro class doesn't even come close.

Welcome to the world of EAB. Hope you find it as enjoyable and I have.
Thanks! I'm signed up for the 1-day class - all I can swing with my vacation days, family stuff, etc. I'm fortunate to have a large EAA chapter nearby with a lot of experience building the -10.
Cary, NC
https://eylandaviationrv10.blogspot.com/