I'm a new RV-12 (ULS) owner, having bought from the original builder.
I'm part way through the conversion of the existing MGL based panel to a G3X Touch panel with ADS-B IN&OUT (10.6", 7", GTR200B, GTX 45R and all associated LRUs). I have the panel wiring loom built, and the equipment all running and mostly configured before installation into the aircraft, but have come across some questions regarding the Engine and Airframe settings.
Vans supplies a base config for the G3X that configures for a standard build. This is a useful file to fill out the majority of the aircraft details before modifying for the differences with this build. Included in that config are some items which are "NOT CONFIGURABLE" in configuration mode. these are:
- RPM 1
- Discrete 1 (stall warning)
- Discrete 3 (canopy latch)
My questions are:
- Should I persist and use this configuration, or should I set up those inputs from scratch?
- we don't currently have a canopy latch switch, but will very likely be adding one.
- What's "special" about these inputs? The README provided notes that they are using "special RV-12 software".
- For RPM at least, I'll be adding the trigger coil sense kit detailed in the G3X install manual.
- I'm more than happy to set up the inputs from scratch if required, however, I would like to replicate the RPM Gauge markings - but it's not possible to see what the "not configurable" green/yellow/red range values are. Has anyone here got those available?