What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Penetration for Fuel Purge Line....

idleup

Well Known Member
Does anyone have photos of the firewall penetration points that they used for the Airflow Performance high pressure fuel pump and the fuel purge line?

Also, are they the same diameter that is used in OP-32 DWG (I think it was a 9/16" hole)

Thanks,

Does anyone have photos of the firewall penetration points that they used for the Airflow Performance high pressure fuel pump and the fuel purge line?

Also, are they the same diameter that is used in OP-32 DWG (I think it was a 9/16" hole)

Thanks,

When I installed one in my RV-10, I treated it just like the plans did for the fuel line, except I used steel fittings. I don't think I have any photos of this on my build site.

I have what you are talking about. Return line was placed right next the feed line. The return line is 5/16 so the firewall hole is slightly smaller. I don't recall the exact size. This location of holes is working out well but you have to measure carefully. Basically it is as high as the heat plenum/valve will allow.

r8scpd.jpg

Bevan

Bevan, that is what I needed. Is there any problem with the clearance to the starter contactor lug?

I spent a lot of time laying out the exact locations of all things on the firewall so that all would be logical and have adequate separation before I made holes. I have electrical on the left side, and fuel/oil on the right side. The return line firewall pass through and the start contactor is the closest place these two system get. I don't have a picture of the front side unfortunately. Obviously the return line is closest to the starter contacter lug, and as I recall there is about 1.5-2.0 inches between. Enough to get a wrench on either.

Bevan

Back