What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Load Analysis Feedback Please...

idleup

Well Known Member
Would you guys be so kind as to review my Load Analysis worksheet and tell me if you see anything that looks incorrect or have recommendations to make it better? I have spent quite a bit of time on this but at the end of the day still question whether I know what I am doing and would appreciate some peer review... Thanks.

Load_Analysis_Worksheet_v1.png

Of if you would prefer to download the PDF Master_Load_Analysis_v1.pdf

My only comment was that I needed to increase the fuse size for my flaps motor to 10amps. This was after it tripped once in cold weather with my original 5A fuse (the wire was sized adequately for this larger current)

Kevin, I increased the flap fuse to 10A as per your recommendation. Should I also bump up the wire gauge from 18 to 14? what did you use?

Thanks,
Matt

My only comment was that I needed to increase the fuse size for my flaps motor to 10amps. This was after it tripped once in cold weather with my original 5A fuse (the wire was sized adequately for this larger current)

I used 14AWG, but for this bundle (the seat/flap area) I just grounded locally - so no ground wire. (Intermittent usage yada yada).

The 430W "com" only uses 15ma in receive, the 6A is during actual transmit time so unless you're one of those guys that like to chat on the radio a lot that should be 15ma.

Not sure why they have the audio panel so high but that is probably at full volume driving a speaker, I suspect the normal current is probably much less than that.

On the other hand, the alternator field is probably more than 1 amp, normally about 5 amps for full alt output.

The 430W "com" only uses 15ma in receive, the 6A is during actual transmit time so unless you're one of those guys that like to chat on the radio a lot that should be 15ma.
I'd leave it at 6A ...
And set the Alt Field for 5A.

Back