What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Screen select on AF-4500 from stick button...

idleup

Well Known Member
Anyone know if it is possible to configure the AF-4500 EFIS to page through the different screens from a button on the control stick?

- Matt

Yes, You Can

I connected a switched ground input from both the pilot and co-pilot control sticks to Input #1, pin 17, of each of the two AF4500 dislays to control paging. Pilot stick controls left EF4500 display and co-pilot stick controls right EM4500 display. The inputs can be configured to act as "button 1" controlling paging. It works great.

What a great forum. I am just finishing the wiring on my -9 when I saw this post. I have an AFS 4500. I ran a wire to my sticks for a transponder "Ident" function. I decided to abandon this function as, #1 you don't get asked to Ident much anymore, #2 the Xponder with the Ident button is really close at hand in the panel and #3 I am sure I would be hitting the Ident button inadvertently and embarrassing myself. So I ran to the airport and switched the wire to the Input #1 lead from the AFS and configured it to the "Button #1" function which is the "Page" function. Works great.

As an aside, I am glad I went to the airport (Petaluma, CA, O69) today as it was a staging area for flybys for a veteran's day parade. I stood by the runway as Yaks (2 maybe 3), Beech 18s (2), a DC-4 (NOT a typo), P-51, TBM (Yes, a TBM), AT-6 and who knows what else, as there were others, took off and circled the airport and flew over the town parade. The sounds were incredible.

Back