What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Layout for Z-13/8...

idleup

Well Known Member
I am planning my electrical system and would like to know if there are any suggestions on where I mount the physical components on the firewall. My engine is a Superior XP-360 with Airflow Performance and I have dual AFS 4500's.

I have the Van's Firewall Forward plans but am not sure if I should follow them for component layout and Aeroelectric connection does not get into component layout (as I would not expect it to).

Anyway, any feedback and/or pictures would sure help. Thanks.

- Matt

Matt,

I chose the closest to the battery. Right Side.
It made it easier for short runs of big wire.
Its on mykitlog somewhere.

Yell if you cant find it.

The mounting locations for the equipment from Vans is fine and a subset of Z-13/8 unless you change relays from Vans stuff to B&C for instance.

You need to decide where to mount the ANL and also decide whether you will be using Hall Effects or Shunts. Lastly, If memory serves, the Z-13/8 includes an SD-8. You need to decide where to mount the PMR1 regulator. Mine is next to the battery.

I've got pics on my website. Look under wiring/misc. Mine is altered from Vans due to B&C part usage.

DISCLAIMER: While the pics show the way I did it, it's certainly not the only way. Use your own judgement as builder. I probably would alter some things if I did it over again because the "rats nest" I was trying to eliminate is still there. :(

Last edited:
Back