What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pnuematic rivet squeezer

tclour said:
where is a good place to get a rivet squeezer overhauled??

I have searched my shop for his card but have misplaced it in a recent move. Anyway, the guy you have to talk to is located in Tennessee. I believe his first name is Joe. He is the man who supplies Avery and Cleaveland with theirs. I bought one used off this list a few years ago and it went belly up. I called him, and out of curiosity he looked up mine, which he had sold to Avery some time before. Believe it or not, I shipped it to him, he rebuilt it, and shipped it back with no charge. The man does unbeliebvable work. I would bet if you call Avery and ask who he is, they would pass his info on, and you would cut out the middle man. Sorry for the long wind, and for not finding his contact info, but he would be worth tracking down.

I think it is Joe Krzyzewski at Atlantic Aircraft Tool Company. http://atlanticairtool.com/ , 931-425-6882. He has built a number of special yokes for me in the past. Good guy to deal with.

You could also try Production Tool and Technology in Macon GA. 478-781-8415. Talk to Bill Jones -- Dealt with him for over 20 years on aircraft tools, super nice guy.

Or lastly, you might try WESCO (wescoair.com) in Texas at (817) 293-2361.

Hope this helps -- Les

Les Dial
Staff Manufacturing Engineer, F-22A
Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Company

gbrasch said:
I have searched my shop for his card but have misplaced it in a recent move. Anyway, the guy you have to talk to is located in Tennessee. I believe his first name is Joe. He is the man who supplies Avery and Cleaveland with theirs. I bought one used off this list a few years ago and it went belly up. I called him, and out of curiosity he looked up mine, which he had sold to Avery some time before. Believe it or not, I shipped it to him, he rebuilt it, and shipped it back with no charge. The man does unbeliebvable work. I would bet if you call Avery and ask who he is, they would pass his info on, and you would cut out the middle man. Sorry for the long wind, and for not finding his contact info, but he would be worth tracking down.

I don't want to speak for Avery Tools, but I think they can help you out as well. I brought mine in, and Bob "tuned it up" for me. We didn't replace any parts, but I think he has a supply, if the need arises.

Plus, he's a top notch guy.

Joe

Les Dial said:
I think it is Joe Krzyzewski at Atlantic Aircraft Tool Company. http://atlanticairtool.com/ , 931-425-6882. He has built a number of special yokes for me in the past. Good guy to deal with.

Hope this helps -- Les

Les Dial
Staff Manufacturing Engineer, F-22A
Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Company

Joe is the guy I was thinking of, and the squeezers Avery sells are his. Thanks.

Avery. I called Fred, he quoted me a lot of money. I like Fred, but not his price. Called Bob, he did it for just $30. Works great. Don't bother with anyone else.

Pneumatic Rivet Squeezer Repairs

For clarification, we charge a minimum teardown fee of $55.00, and a total of $125.00 plus parts to completely rebuild pneumatic squeezers. When complete they carry a one (1) year parts & labor warranty that includes return shipping if ever required.

When we rebuild a tool, it is completely disassembled (including all 72 bearings), all the parts are put through the cleaning tanks and inspected, the cylinder is honed, and then the tool is reassembled and tested. The process takes about 2 1/2-3 hours.

If there is significant damage to the squeezer, and we've seen a lot of "good deals" from Ebay & other sources, the customer has the option of stopping the process for the minimum teardown fee. For example, if a wedge is cracked, that's a $100 part. If the bearings are crushed, that's a lot of money. On the flip side, we've seen a lot of tools that are just "tired" - they need to be regreased, the cylinder needs to be honed, and maybe the leather pistons replaced (about $7.00 in parts). All of the replaced parts are returned with the tool.

We can't see what's wrong with a tool over the telephone. Our experience has been that it's much better to be upfront with a customer, to give them the upside and the downside, and let them make the best decision for themselves.

Bottom line, if you're a customer, make sure you ask questions and are able to compare the work "apples to apples".

Blue Skies!

Fred W. Kunkel
CLEAR AIR TOOLS
www.clearairtools.com

Reviving this old thread. Are they any updated sources of where to get a Pneumatic Squeezer rebuilt?

Back