What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight RV-4

Yen

Well Known Member
Today I did the first flight of my RV4 VH-FOU, and I still have the RV grin hours later.
It wasn't a perfect day for the first flight because the cloud base was about 3000', so I had to be careful with the approach to stalls. The plane flew beautifully except for CHTs being a bit high, reduce power and lower the nose and it was OK.
After flying a Corby Starlet for 11 years it was easy to change mounts. The RV is probably easier than the Corby especially in the flare where I could still see ahead, and on the ground there is no need to weave to avoid the house in the middle of the strip.
I just hope all my landings are as good as the first one, the first time I have used flaps for years.

Outstanding Yen. Be safe in phase 1 and keep us posted.

ps I love the -4. Got a ride from a very earlier builder of one, many years ago, and would have built one myself only my better half refuses to " sit behind me". She just doesn't understand. :D

Congrats mate

Hope you'll post some photos soon

from your fellow Queenslander (wonder if your colour scheme is maroon?):p

Peter

Congrats to you !!!
Enjoy phase 1, hope to be able to see your plane when you get down towards YCAB some day.

Back