What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N4932L First Flight

DwightFrye

I wanted to drop a quick note to everyone letting folks know that I finally flew. On September 2 my RV-7 left the ground for a very successful first flight. I had very few squawks, and none of them major. Based on all the good advice I've gotten over the years I insisted that I would not let the impending runway closure cause me to rush the first flight, and that if I beat the deadline then fine .. but if not, that would be fine too.

As it turned out I legitimately did feel everything was ready prior to the closure of the runway (which starts _today_), and I did fly. I had a friend with an RV-8 flying chase to see if everything was good on the areas of the plane I could not see. I elected to have the family in attendance, as well as a few friends who happened to show up too.

Now the next phase of real work begins. The slow methodical working off of discovered issues, and the graduated expansion of the flight envelope.

So, another one leaves the nest.

Great news! Now for the trip to Triple Tree, the Pick-n-Pig, and other great places!

Back