What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

0-320 wood prop bolts

Jermechanic

Well Known Member
Wondering on the contents of Van?s ?Prop bolt kit 3/8??

My wood prop is mounted to the 4? spacer with bolts that measure AN6-60 undrilled. The bolt heads lock into an aluminum plate and use ny-lock nuts.
AAN365-624A.

Is this what would come from Vans or did the builder differ from the standard build?

I want to confirm before shipping to Canada

Thanks
Jeremy

Wondering on the contents of Van?s ?Prop bolt kit 3/8??
My wood prop is mounted to the 4? spacer with bolts that measure AN6-60 undrilled. The bolt heads lock into an aluminum plate and use ny-lock nuts.
AAN365-624A.
Is this what would come from Vans or did the builder differ from the standard build?
I want to confirm before shipping to Canada
Thanks
Jeremy

This was the original method back when the fixed pitch and constant speed used different cowlings. When the change was made to use the same cowling for both, this method was abandoned. After that, the fixed pitch prop used a shorter extension and the "spool" type of extension was no longer used.

Local source?

Thanks for the reply Mel! Are the prop bolts specific to props or will a high quality bolt work? I Don?t see any prop specific bolts of this size in the AC Spruce catalog; the closest I see is a regular AN6-60 bolt. I have two prop bolts that have a small bit of galling from removal.

Thanks Again

Call Saber

Saber Mfg. will get you exactly what you need and ships quickly.

817-326-6293

sabermfg.com/bolts.htm

Last edited:
I second using Saber Mfg. Buy a new Extension and bolts. Treat them as consumables, especially if you dont know the history personally. Frank

Back