What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

K&N Air Filters

Working on my annual and cleaned the air filter. While holding it up to the light to see if all the dirt rinsed out I noticed what looks to be tiny pinholes in the filter material. Some remained even after I re-oiled the element. I have never blown air through the filter or used water pressure other than that from the bathroom sink so I wouldn't think that my cleaning regimen could have hurt it. I used the K&N recharge kit and instructions. Question....are these tiny pinholes an indicator that it's time to procure a new filter? How long do these filters last? When do you know when it's time to replace one? Thanks

Deltamike

Yes;
Your million mile filter met it's limit. Every visible little hole is a dirt entry, it's time to change your element. :(
ps; You checked it correctly. After cleaning and drying, hold it up to a light and look for holes. Still, it's a judgement call. It will still keep birds out of the carb! Don't think it hasn't happened!

Last edited:
I just replace it each year.

I went through the cleaning and oiling process one time but after that I just put in a new one each year.

Bob Axsom

Back