What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thinking back over the last 11 months of my build

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
It is hard to believe that my 12 is almost ready to fly after 11 months. For those 12 owners that don?t know, I went a little different route and build my 12 as an EAB. I used the Rotax and avionics off of my LSA and sold the Hornet without Avionics and 912. The Rotax had about 100 hours on it (4 oil changes).

Monday night was a big milestone she fired up without even a full turn of the prop. (video link below) The 912 was removed off of my Sporthornet back in Oct and she has been sitting for 10 months to come back to life.

Tuesday night after work was consumed with on the last min checks for the DAR?s visit. I also installed a custom longer Pitot tube. This was due to the mods I made for the external alternator and Sensenich prop extender. Mark B another RV12 builder on the field came by and assisted. Extra set of hands was great since hoses were in place.

Just a few photos during the journey and two short videos.
Contact Sheet-1.jpg

Contact Sheet-2.jpg

Contact Sheet-3.jpg

Contact Sheet-4.jpg

paint move video.jpg
startup video.jpg

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/19507548/1/Airplane/video?h=ed57aa
Link to the videos

DAR inspection is this Thursday.:)

RV12 Draws a Ground every thime.

I can't believe how many people were in your unloading video!:eek: There was probably just as many there for the first engine start but it was to dark to see them all.;)

I can't believe how many people were in your unloading video!:eek: There was probably just as many there for the first engine start but it was to dark to see them all.;)

What can you say? The -12 is a crowd pleaser! He has a very fine airplane!

I know you got pink slip David please post the picture :D

Edit; I was typing my post when you started another thread

Response for Vlad

Just did! - by the way in your email you said you would visit " in FEB "did you mean Sept? I know you are busy flying around the country visiting all of you good friends, but you can drop down out of the sky for a few min.

Back