What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vendor question / recommendation?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm looking at some avionics, and one of the vendors that has attractive pricing is Lafayette Avionics in West Lafayette IN, but I'm not familiar with them. Is this a reputable dealer?

Lafayette Avionics has been around for quite a while. I live about 75 miles east and know at least one pilot on my field that takes his P210 there for all of his work. A very good friend of mine in West Lafayette built an RV-7A and had them do a lot of the work on his avionics package. Not sure whether he purchased from them but suspect he did. I wouldn't think they'd do you wrong.

Great shop but they are scheduling out to the year 2065 (or so it seems). Super busy folks but good reputation.

I've bought from Stark in ATL, and I'm all the way out here in Arizona! Stark is really that good!

From their website, it appears Stark does not sell Avidyne, which is what I'm looking for currently. I did use them to buy my Garmin 430W back when I was building my panel.

Keith Barthold

Looking to purchase Avidyne IFD440 (have the install covered) - is this the best route to buy, from an Avionics shop? Anybody got hookups on just a straight purchase without labor?

Back