What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AVEO ZipTips and Tailwheels

Scotty G

Well Known Member
Hi, guys,

Have any of you run out of downward adjustment of the taxi and landing light assembly with the Aveo LEDs? If so, how did you adjust them down to provide more illumination near or in the three-point attitude?

TIA,

TriScott,
When I installed mine I aimed both of them pretty much paralell with the wing chord for starters. Never touched them again, as aiming them does not seem that critical since the lights are incredibly bright. I wired the landing AND taxi lights to the same circuit for maximum illumination.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jake.

Just seemed a waste to me that they’re aimed so far up in the three-point position.

I dug out the innards of the left side - a ROYAL PITFA - and got the adjustment bolt secured again. Played around with it some, but didn’t think the lights were pointed down enough. I ended up installing a nut above the flange so I can use the nut as leverage to adjust and hold the lights down.

It was an improvement, and one I’ll be trying out the next time I’m at the airport at night.

I hope you’re more right than I am. That will mean this little hack will put the majority of the focused landing light and area illumination of the taxi light where I want it.

Thanks for your input!

Back