What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Trim Tab Mount WD-415 Question

I just dealt with the same thing. The newer brackets we are getting are now welded on both sides of the nut, nut nothing inbetween the two sides of the nut. It is probably better than it was before, but I didn't see a point in waiting for it to break. So I wound up ordering a billet style from www.iflyrv10.com and am very happy with the change. What I've found is when ever I think there is a chance I am going to worry or wait for something to break, why not do it better? I do the same thing when I have to manufacture something from angle and am not happy with the final part. Rather than wonder if it will live up, why not do it again? In this case, $38 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Charlie,

Litterally 1 minute before I got your reply, I was leaving a message with Steve, at iflyrv10.com .

I'm going to spend the $38!

Thanks for bolstering my thought process!

Best Regards,

Andrew Boyd

Do it. I was surprised when I got confirmation it was shipped out that next morning and was in my mailbox faster than anything else. I wont hesitate to use them for their other billet stuff down the road. They also sell some pre-made parts you have to make from flat/angle stock, but I'm not needing those. But would absolutely trust what they have from what I've seen so far.

Products

I think many of us have purchased items from Steve and will vouch for quality and service. Noone out there should have any issue buying his parts. He is a top notch guy to work with and you WILL be happy with your purchase.

Eric Kallio

Back