What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Corbin Clamps?

622BH

Well Known Member
Has anyone used, or is anyone currently using, Corbin Clamps instead of the threaded hose clamps traditionally used for securing various hoses on an aircraft engine?
My limited research finds "low pressure" in their descriptions more often than not. That concerns me when looking at replacing clamps around oil return lines, etc...

Any feedback/insights based on experience, not just opinion, is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone used, or is anyone currently using, Corbin Clamps instead of the threaded hose clamps traditionally used for securing various hoses on an aircraft engine?
My limited research finds "low pressure" in their descriptions more often than not. That concerns me when looking at replacing clamps around oil return lines, etc...

Any feedback/insights based on experience, not just opinion, is greatly appreciated.

I believe if you search on "spring clamps" or "constant pressure clamps" , you will find considerable discussion. These would appear to be a good option for oil return lines.

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=112251&page=3

Thanks Brian

I searched for "Clamps" and didn't find that link. I know I had seen the thread previously - just couldn't find it again.

From what I'm seeing, people have tried them, but haven't posted any results after a few hours (or 100s of hours). I would like to hear from those folks to see if its worthwhile.

At 300+ hours, my hoses are showing signs of needing to be replaced and I'm leaning towards using the "Corbin Clamps". That's the name the local NAPA store calls them.

For some reason, I have very little success using the search functionality on this site. I'm sure it's operator error, but it never recognizes quotes and either returns nothing or an overwhelming amount of non-relevant information. Just search from your search engine homepage - google, bing, etc,. Something like this oil return line clamps site:vansairforce.net will give you lots of relevant links.

I'm quite sure people have been satisfiedwith the clamps you are describing after long periods of use (hours/years). When mine are ready to replace, I'll be using constant pressure clamps vs the screw type hose clamps.

Here is another useful link.
https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=151126

Last edited:
My Experience Too

Agreed, I've tried the search function several times and get similar results you describe - a bit frustrating.

Thanks for the links to the pertinent threads. I think I'll be buying some new hose and "Corbin Clamps" in the near future.

Your assist is much appreciated Brian.

Back