What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine control cables

FlyFastJP

Well Known Member
Throttle and mixture cables have been getting very stiff, so I just ordered new one from Vans along with the hardware. Will also disassemble the quadrant and clean it up.

Any tips or tricks for replacing?

I just did both cables, it took a few hours. I had a stiff throttle cable at 1500 hrs. and figured it was easier to do both at once. Take good notes when disassembling the quadrant, there are lots of washers and spacers that have to got back just right.

What Pat said! I just did the same to my -8. take your time and take good notes and pictures when disassembling the quadrant.

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the quadrant, other than it just being too far gone to get to look good again. New one is cheap tho, so no big deal.

Hey Chris, I need to come over and check out that prop paint. Looking good. We need to fly somewhere for lunch again as well. I can keep up this time. Lol

Yea, that really is too bad. Owners say they'll be back when economy improves. In the mean time, we'll hit another place. Tyler maybe. Good food, and I love the museum.

Back