What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rv6 O360 engine mount bolt torque

meanstreakii

I'm New Here
just replacing my old engine mounts and bought a new bolt kit from Vans. The old bolts had castle nuts and a cotter pins. New bolt set is steel lock nut. Anyone know what the torque spec is for these AN7 bolts?

I have nothing to add from a bolt torque point of view, but, I'm also in the same boat of replacing my mount isolators right now. Why, oh why is this such a pain in the butt to get these 4 bolts in? I have three in right now but the 4th just won't line up... contemplating dropping a match in the fuel tank and walking away!

Not really, but right now wishing I had conical mounts, and also kinda wishing I could punch the dynafocal mount designer right in the throat. (Kidding. Mostly)

Anyone have words of wisdom or techniques to share on easy Dynafocal bolt insertion?

Use a long screw driver as a prybar and pry against the mount closest to the engine by the end of the mount where it meets the engine. The bolt hole in the mount will move easily by the prying, and then it will then line up with the bolt hole in the engine with a little finagling.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Back