What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sweet Flight to Sedona

Capt Sandy

Well Known Member
Not too many gals have the pleasure of being flown to romantic Sedona for Valentines Day. How awesome that my Darling Hubby is also my own personal Pilot! An ulterior motive here - one of our Top Five favorite places to eat in the Entire Country is Elote Cafe in Sedona. Not to be missed. If you go, get there about 4:30 pm, stand in line, get your name on the list and say you?ll be back in an hour. Go next door and have a beer or a Margarita there - then come back and they?ll put you at the top of the list for a table. If you get there after 4:30, you may wait up to two hours for a table. The video says the rest!
Fair Winds!
Video of our trip:
https://photos.smugmug.com/2019/i-zTzHbnf/0/329692f0/640/2020022719001742--7178760316882332048-F56AF282-1E2F-4F53-BADF-7A35D84ED3E0-640.mp4

Thanks for sharing - looks like you got a great shot of Vitamin D! I plan to do similar flight next week. Hopefully I can have something to share as well.

great!

Nice video. Even though I live 20 minutes from Sedona by RV, I enjoy a well edited video submitted by visitors. Had not heard of the restaurant in town. Good tips.
Thanks much for posting...

Thanks for your replies. We decided to stay the night in Sedona, so we could enjoy a nice dinner. We booked a room online at the Arabella - discount for online reservation. NICE place to stay. We usually take our gear and go camping but too cold this time of year! Thanks for the feedback on the video.

Sandy and Roy,
What a beautiful and magical destination. Keep it coming!

Thanks, Scroll! Maybe your ears were itching? I was just sharing photos of our trip together last night.

Beautiful!

When is best time of year to go? Not too hot or wet.

What's the airport to downtown transportation situation?

George

Thanks for sharing, now we have some new places to check out. Any way you slice it, the landing at Sedona is a wonderful event!

George, IMHO March/April/May best time to go. Maybe September but it can get cool. Regardless, the desert gets cool at night at that elevation, less so in May. Ground transport - the least expensive we’ve found is the rental car kiosk in the FBO. Call in advance. They do book up. Hourly or daily. Daily I think was $45? If you have deep pockets, renting a Jeep from Barlow Jeep rentals is a BLAST and they’ll give you a map of places to off-road. Not sure they’ll pick you up at the airport but they might. Also, there are e-bike tours. Just for getting around, the airport rental car is your best bet.

Marc, Yes, flying in to Sedona is wonderful and landing is “special”. Best experienced in calm wind. From where I sit, anyway. Smiley face goes here.

Back