What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Why doesn't Dynon D100 shut down correctly

lr172

Well Known Member
Hoping Dynon support can help me here or possibly a forum member that had the same issue. I have a D100 and D120 connected via DSAB. Both are configured to turn on/off based upon 12VDC input. The D100 has a B/U Batt and D120 does not.

When I turn off the Master Switch, the D120 shuts down as expected, but The D100 stays running on the battery and gives me a DSAB error. I suspect the error is interuppting the shutdown command and taking priority.

Is there a way to configure it to shut down without manual intervention on loss of 12V. I am afraid that one day I am going to forget the manual shut down and drain the B/U Batt. I would expect this to operate like the Garmin 396, which tells me there was a power loss and will shut down in xx seconds unless I press a button. In fact, I thought I have seen it do this when I don't get the DSAB error, but it has been a long time; probably during installation before networking them together.

Thanks,

Larry

I have the same exact setup and it sounds like mine does what yours used to. When I turn my master switch off the 120 shuts off immediately but the 100 begins a countdown timer. If I do nothing it turns off in 30 or 45 seconds. (Can't remember which). If I push a button it will stay on running on the backup battery.

I can't remember if mine throws a DSAB error during this transition. I'll try it today and see.

I have a D180 and AP74, When I shut off the master the D180 will throw a DSAB error because the AP74 is gone (and others like low voltage, I think). As noted in the last post, if Ido nothing it will count down and power itself off. If I hit the button to acknowledge the error, it will stay running untl I shut it off.

Thanks for sharing your experience guys. Today I will try ignoring the error and see if it shuts down on it's own. I have not noticed a counter going when I see the error, but guess I was always focused on the error message.

Larry

Turns out it does exactly what it should, I just never noticed it, as I was looking at the error.

Back