What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Changing the fuel filter on a RV-12iS with 912iS

NinerBikes

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone knows what the torque amount is for the fuel lines on the inboard side fuel filter for the flange fittings?

Helping out an 83 year old here with changing out with 182 hours flown in the last year.

Never mind, I sent him the KAI pdf file... He's just going to have to dig for the solution on his computer.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the torque amount is for the fuel lines on the inboard side fuel filter for the flange fittings?

Helping out an 83 year old here with changing out with 182 hours flown in the last year.

I'm performing my first annual presently with 89.1 hours total time. It appears the fuel filter needs replaced at 100 hours and since I have the bulkhead open already for the annual AND for the stiffener clip service bulletin I'm thinking now is the time to tackle this task, as well.

How difficult is it to change the fuel filter? Do you know of any instructional videos anywhere showing how this is done? I have zero experience with a banjo bolt and never knew such a beast existed prior to this.

I'm over 6 foot and more than 200 pounds and had to enlist help to complete the stiffener clip service bulletin and wonder if being over 200 pounds prohibits me from getting back there for the fuel filter change.

First make sure you have the latest revisions for the MM and KAI section 27iS since Vans has updated the sealing washers.

Follow the MM pages 13-14 & 13-15 to remove the fuel pump / filter assembly from the airplane.

Then you can change the filter on the bench using the procedures in KAI section 27iS pages 3 and 12.

You can reach the fuel and electrical connections easily from the baggage area and the fuel assembly screw heads are on the front side of the bulkhead.

So not too difficult if you follow the instructions carefully. Good luck.

Last edited:
Follow the MM pages 13-14 & 13-15 to remove the fuel pump / filter assembly from the airplane.

Then you can change the filter on the bench using the procedures in KAI section 27iS pages 3 and 12.

Great advice!

Doing this on the bench would make me much more comfortable - physically AND psychologically.

Back