What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Condition inspection date?

dreed

Well Known Member
Hi All-

did a little searching, but jut want to confirm with the VAF brain trust. I am coming up on one year since my DAR inspection/AW cert issued

I assume this is the date to use for my first 12 months to complete my condition inspection. Had a couple fellow home builders tell me first flight, but that makes no sense.

Sorry if a dumb question, but just want to confirm.

Thanks
dan

Hi All-

did a little searching, but jut want to confirm with the VAF brain trust. I am coming up on one year since my DAR inspection/AW cert issued

I assume this is the date to use for my first 12 months to complete my condition inspection. Had a couple fellow home builders tell me first flight, but that makes no sense.

Sorry if a dumb question, but just want to confirm.

Thanks
dan

You are correct, use the AW date that is on your operating limitations. You also have until the 1st of the following month to sign off. (aka you have the whole month of whenever it was signed off)

The DAR should have made a logbook entry indicating when the first condition inspection is due.

Thanks Jereme and Mel!

heading back tonight, and will head out to the hangar and grab the logs.

I'm working on wrapping up my first condition inspection so this thread is timely for me. What does the VAF brain trust suggest as the perfect logbook entry for a condition inspection?

I think that the minimal entry is "I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on ___ in accordance with the scope and detail of part 43, appendix D and was found to be in a condition for safe operation. TTAF __. <signature and certificate info>."

What about the engine and propeller logbooks? And do those of you who have an avionics logbook enter the ELT test and battery expiration date there or in the airframe logbook?

I'm working on wrapping up my first condition inspection so this thread is timely for me. What does the VAF brain trust suggest as the perfect logbook entry for a condition inspection?

I think that the minimal entry is "I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on ___ in accordance with the scope and detail of part 43, appendix D and was found to be in a condition for safe operation. TTAF __. <signature and certificate info>."

What about the engine and propeller logbooks? And do those of you who have an avionics logbook enter the ELT test and battery expiration date there or in the airframe logbook?

Your logbook entry is essentially correct, but I would suggest that you check your operating limitations to make sure there isn't something weird in there. Depending on when the limitations were issues and by whom, there is some possibility of variation. Take a quick look and check.

As for the engine and propeller logbooks, there are no specific entries that are required. The entry in the airframe logbook covers the entire airplane as far as the condition inspection goes. Just make whatever maintenance entries you care to in the other logbooks.

Your logbook entry is essentially correct, but I would suggest that you check your operating limitations to make sure there isn't something weird in there. Depending on when the limitations were issues and by whom, there is some possibility of variation. Take a quick look and check.

As for the engine and propeller logbooks, there are no specific entries that are required. The entry in the airframe logbook covers the entire airplane as far as the condition inspection goes. Just make whatever maintenance entries you care to in the other logbooks.

Thanks. Good point to check the operating limitations. I think I will just log the compressions and oil change in the engine logbook.

Back