What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New E-AB DAR...

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
I have a very good, long time friend In Virginia who just got his DAR.

I've known Darrel for 30+ years and know him to be professional, meticulous, and all around Good Guy. He's new, but learns very fast. He's built an RV-6 and a couple other homebuilts.

If you need a DAR around that part of the country, give him a call.

Darrel Watson. Give me a call for his contact information.

Virginia DAR

This is very timely information. I’ve been complaining starting my search for one.
Sending you a PM for his contact information.

Mel, we need another DAR in Eastern Washington and North Idaho. What are the qualification and what is required of an applicant?

Mel, we need another DAR in Eastern Washington and North Idaho. What are the qualification and what is required of an applicant?

You'll need to check with your local FSDO or MIDO to find latest requirements. When I got mine you had to hold a Mechanic Certificate with Airframe & Powerplant rating. I believe that now, if you want to do only experimental amateur-built, you can get by with a Repairman Certificate issued under §65.104.
You must have built at least 1 amateur-built aircraft and flown it for 100 hrs.
There are few more minor requirements pertaining to age, integrity, recommendations, etc.

This is what I can remember off the top of my head and may be outdated. Someone who has more recently received a designation can chime in.

Back