What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Autopilot wires next to strobe wires

Slagergren

Concerning the location of the wires within the wings, is it a big deal to run the strobe wires next to the autopilot wires within the same conduit? I plan for no connections at the wing root but only allowed a single wire conduit. Note: at the time of wing construction I didnt plan on using autopilot.

Concerning the location of the wires within the wings, is it a big deal to run the strobe wires next to the autopilot wires within the same conduit? I plan for no connections at the wing root but only allowed a single wire conduit. Note: at the time of wing construction I didnt plan on using autopilot.

The wires for my Tru Track run down the same conduit as my strobes and wig-wag landing lights; and, my pitch servo wiring follows the same path as my tail strobe light. No problems with the autopilot when the plane is all lit up.

If the strobe wires are shielded they shouldn't That being said, I am keeping mine separate from my EFIS bundle, only for peace of mind. The AP servos require lots more energy to make them move. I will run them all together.

Back