What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Austin, Texas builders

shrpshter

I'm New Here
Any RV builders around here (specifically North Austin; Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown)? I would certainly like to check out some of the projects.

I am new to the area, manufacturing engineer at Athena MFG in Austin; specializing in CNC machined aircraft and automotive components.

I plan to start an RV-8 later this summer.

Corby

Yep! Just started drilling the first holes in a new -8 project. Second project. In NW Austin. I'm happy to talk and share if you have any interest in stopping by my project.

North

Im a little bit north of you , 20 miles west of Waco in Gatesville. Not real close but you are welcome to visit my project if you are in the area.

My RV8 project is in its final stages (wiring, plumbing, etc) and I live in Round Rock.

Give me a call and setup a visit...I'm usually working on it during the weekdays.

Cell: 512-423-5332

My RV8 project is in its final stages (wiring, plumbing, etc) and I live in Round Rock.

Give me a call and setup a visit...I'm usually working on it during the weekdays.

Cell: 512-423-5332

Corby, Call Deene. You'll be very impressed. He is definitely a one-stop-shop for anything you'll want to know or see.

And Corby, after Scott finishes his new shop and starts on his -8 tail, stop by his home and see some of the finest workmanship I've had the pleasure to inspect as a TC...

COME BY ! ! !

Finished an RV-7 in 05. Do nothing but fly and watch a friend build an RV-6 in my hangar in Lago Vista. Call me

Lowell LeMay
512-689 6768

Cedar Park

I'm up in Cedar Park at Breakaway Airpark (40XS). Just about the corner of 1431 and Parmer. I have a 7a flying, 10 under construction. 1 other 7a flying on the field (Rotary powered) - two other 7a's as well as an 8 under construction.

Welcome to the area !

NW Austin - 7A

My 7A is about 3 or 4 months away from completion. I'm a little west of 183, exit at Anderson Mill/McNeil. You're welcome to come by any time. I'm usually working on the plane every night and weekend. Contact me at raronow "at" sbcglobal.net

Just south of Austin in Kyle. If you're going to be in the area, I'd be delighted to show you how my project's going! (Just email me at the address below.)

Another 7A in Cedar Park

Hi there,

I also have an RV7A under construction in the breakaway area. I just moved, so not much to see right now -- hopefully the shop will be up an running again in about a month...

Good Luck,

Luis

Corby,

Yep, there's a bunch of RV builders here in Austin, mostly north. There's a few of us down in south Austin. I'm building an RV-7A with the fuselage complete, getting ready to start on my rotary engine. Not an 8, but you're welcome to come by and have a look.

Tracy.

I'll be back in Austin for a few days right after Memorial day weekend if anyone wants a ride in a -7 and/or see the Vertcal Power system. Send me a PM if you'e interested.

We used to live there, and sure do miss it! :) And it seems to have grown quite a bit in the last few years...

Back