What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring Schematic for RVs

Slagergren

I am in the process of drawing up my RV7 wiring schematic in detail and was curious what others have done and may be willing to share. Having never done this I have been referenceing the "Aero Electric Connection Book" purchased through SteinAir as well as component manufactures schematics etc.

The panel (currently at SteinAir) is a very simple all electric VFR arrangement(Garmin 496,327,SL40, Dynon 180, Trutrak VSII autopilot, dual Lightspeed III ignition system, Plane Power 60A alternator, and the usual light package for the occasion night flight). I am questioning for example which items if not vitually all should go on the essential buss bar vs main bar.

My overall goal is have an accruate well understood schematic and healthy understanding of the limitations to my plane's electrical system.

Any examples of schematics for RVs similiar to my setup would be very appreciated.

Thanks guys

Hey thanks to Vlad and Marc for their information and the included schematics. I will fun tonight studying over these and making additional changes/ decisions.

Steve:)

I provide a complete schematic of my RV-9A in editable format here: Vx Aviation.

You'll need to download the free editing software as well (follow instructions on the site).

My panel is using a D10A, GTX-327, SL-40, GPSMAP 296, RMI Micromonitor and miscellaneous stuff.

I'll post my HR-II schematic in a few months, once it's finalized. It will similar, but updated with current EFIS and using a fully centralized electrical switching system using automotive relays.

Good Luck

Vern

Back