What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNC 255 - COM NAV Audio Mixing Question

I am having a GNC 255 installed. I am using the built in intercom and do not have an audio panel. I have not used the 255 yet and a question came up during install ...

I planned on using the built in COM/NAV audio mixing and only running the COM audio to the headsets, and using the front NAV knob to enable/disable NAV audio when desired.

The shop recommended that I run the COM and NAV audio separately, but run the NAV audio through a switch. They are concerned that the NAV audio wont be able to be turned off easily if I wanted to turn it off.

Anyone using the 255 with a similar setup have input on this? Does the internal mixing with the NAV knob work well, or would it be beneficial to have an external switch?

Thanks,
James

EVER so slight background hiss from the NAV audio even when turned all the way down. But, there is more than enough noise in an RV cockpit to make this a non issue for me, but I am not an audiophile. I have to listen for it to hear it.

No issue

It works great on my 255, when the audio is turned down it is not audible. I have in the past accidentally turned the Nav audio up a smidge and it is immediately obvious and can be turned back down to be inaudible again.

Back