What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bench top Belt sander

Jskyking

Well Known Member
I?m beginning the wings on my RV14 and am looking at the various bench top 1?or 2? belt sanders for minor sanding tasks.

Not sure if a 1 ? is the way to go or is the 2? better? Stand or no stand? Looking at the Rinkon or Wen. Both seem to have the features I need for not much money.

If anyone has thoughts on this machine, I?d appreciate the opinion.
Thanks
Jt

I've got a HF 1" belt + disc that I bought around 1990. I stripped all the guards & table off the belt side, and use it 'freehand' to dress edges, etc. Disc side would be useful for more precise shaping, but I've never used it.

I have a 4" belt/8" disk benchtop. I wouldnt trade the belt for a smaller size. It is very nice when making larger parts

Get one

Also have a 4? belt / 6? disc and it?s amazing at part shaping. Used it extensively shaping stiffeners.

As with all things that spin, be careful, else it will eat your parts.

Belt/disk

Also have a 4? belt / 6? disc and it?s amazing at part shaping. Used it extensively shaping stiffeners.

As with all things that spin, be careful, else it will eat your parts.

+2. I use the disk side more often but the belt does come in handy.

I have the HF 1? belt sander. It works great. I added a fence piece so I can square 3/4? angle. Primarily I use it for squaring and knocking the corners off.

Back