What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mountain Empire KMKJ

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
I make a regular run to central PA for family support. It can be done nonstop, but I'll usually get fuel at midpoint, in particular if Ms Patti is aboard. There is a cluster of small airports in the southwestern Virginia area with consistently good fuel prices (check Airnav or Skyvector), so why not?

KHLX and KGEV are both RV friendly, with self-serve fuel, but our favorite has become Mountain Empire, KMKJ. The FBO is nice, and Brian (the airport manager) or one of his guys is there with a fuel truck as soon as you shut down. Seriously, the big FBO chains could take lessons...this is how it should be done. Need a stop in that region? Highly recommended.

My house is 6 SM direct, a 20 min drive, from GEV. Next time you're stopping, give me advanced notice. I'll meet you there with snacks and beverages!

There is also

a little quaint out of the way place called my house (12VA) where you should drop in and visit sometime when you're that close by. You could refresh yourselves and laugh at my fiberglass work at the same time. Win/win :D

Welcome mat always out if we're home.

Thanks for the invites gentlemen. You both live in a beautiful part of the world!

Back