What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BC SQUADRON FLIES AGAIN

chrispratt

Well Known Member
Monday was great for a BC Squadron flight to the Hard 8 in Stephenville, Texas (KSEP) for BBQ. It was great to see the usual suspects again. Been a while for me and reminded me what a great bunch of RVer?s we have.

xbl440.jpg

The usual suspects on the KSEP ramp.

358xoc0.jpg

Yes, there really is a Doug Reeves - RV6

2r28vnt.jpg

Jay Pratt - RV-8

6f8hf9.jpg

Ross Burgess - RV6

122noxs.jpg

Sid Mayeux - RV-7A

Awesome cloud buildups provided a beautiful view from the cockpit ? a shame more people don?t get to see the sky from an RV point of view. It?s such a pleasant sight.

vr31g4.jpg

Sid Mayeux leading the way to from 52F to KSEP

The weather was typical Texas spring weather ? variable. That?s a big word for a Texan ? means it?ll change frequently usually for the worse. The scattered storms provided a good chance to check out my new ADS-B installation for the FIS-B weather. The images were certainly not as well defined as I was used to on my XM Weather, i.e. images appear much blockier (less well defined) than XM but I quickly got used to the new look, and the situational awareness. Weather was updated every few minutes. Knowing the storm situation made the trip home between rain showers pretty easy ? like playing a game of checkers. The ADS-B In traffic also made it easy to spot a couple of my BC Squadron mates about ten minutes ahead and see what route they picked.

Love my RV-8.

nyheh1.jpg

A little wet on the way back home. I got a free wash at God's Car Wash

Chris

Cool!! It's been a looong time since I've seen a BC Squadron fly-out posted; wish I could have made it up from Houston, but with all the rain, our grass strip is just a wee bit squishy...

Green Bean

Well,
Today marked my green bean tour as a BC'er. Great time, great food, great flyin'. :cool:

I wonder how many of the new members know what the BC Squadron is?

[ed. A hint....;^) dr]
VAF_72%20Jun.%2005%2018.51.jpg

d.r; All these years and I did not know there was a squadron patch. How cool is that?

Last edited:
Wow, that brings back memories of years gone by when we had as many as 15 BC Squadron members flying to Oregon to attend Van's homecoming. Sadly many of the original members are no longer flying and some have passed. I still have several of those BC shirts and still wear one occasionally. I will try to join you guys next time, it has been too long since I last flew with the BC gang.

Martin Sutter
BC Squadron founding father and logo designer
Building and flying RV's since 1988

Ping us down here at Hicks...

Sid,

Let me know when you guys are heading to Hard 8 or up to Cedar Mills sometime...usually we can get a posse of Hicksonian's to do a burger/BBQ run with enough heads up.

Have also had the tuna fish sandwich at Lancaster one day when I was dropping a mag off and that was purty good too.

BBQ at KGLE ain't bad, either...

Always looking for an excuse to go fly,

Rob

Sid,

Let me know when you guys are heading to Hard 8 or up to Cedar Mills sometime...usually we can get a posse of Hicksonian's to do a burger/BBQ run with enough heads up.

Have also had the tuna fish sandwich at Lancaster one day when I was dropping a mag off and that was purty good too.

BBQ at KGLE ain't bad, either...

Always looking for an excuse to go fly,

Rob

Wilco, Rob. Key words: "Always looking...":cool:

I cry foul for my pilot who​ doesn't have Mondays off.

I feel so left behind.

Sincerely N801RH

Last edited:
BC Shirts

Is there any way to print some BC shirts. Copied from a shirt? I have one left,,,, but it is a little ragged.
The guy that has the disk is keeping it. Doesn't want shirts released to the public,,, at least that is the rumor. I agree

Even though I designed the logo, I am not the one who has the disc. If you look at the shape of the lettering in conjunction with the runway you can see how it hints at the B.C. moniker. I remember a nice old lady once asking Jay Pratt what B.C. it stood for and he told her "brain challenged" in order not to offend her. She seemed satisfied with the explanation.😂

Martin Sutter
Building and flying RVs since 1988

Is there any way to print some BC shirts. Copied from a shirt? I have one left,,,, but it is a little ragged.
The guy that has the disk is keeping it. Doesn't want shirts released to the public,,, at least that is the rumor. I agree

Jay,

Iim betting you could get some printed just from the graphic DR posted.

Back