What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv12 2010 Catch-Up

RV12_AL

Hello, bought my 2010 RV12 in September last year.

I'm trying to catch up on maintenance. I need full rubber hose replacement, fuel pump replacement, etc. I'm about to order all the hoses from Aircraft Specialty and pump from Lockwood or Leading Edge.

I want to replace the oil sender while relocating it to the firewall. I have the Honeywell. I can't find a part #?

My fuel readings on my Dynon D180 show 99.9 and red alert. I want to replace it also, but really having trouble finding part#?

Other squawks: Dynon alerts I have to cancel every time on start. It alarms before I turn the key. CHT and Fuel pressure.

Flies and runs great otherwise!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks Wallace

There are at least 2 other threads on this topic. I "distilled" the advice and material lists into a worksheet which I'll attempt to clean up and share.
Does AS sell a complete kit now? I bought the 16mm silicone hoses from Pegasus Racing (buy 2 meters total plus the 90 degree bend with 6" legs) and the other black hoses from NAPA (1" and 1/4" as I recall).
My lessons learned:
1) go ahead and remove the intake manifolds on top.
2) remove the muffler and remove the exhaust tubes also.
3) be cautious while loosening the old hoses, cut them gently with a boxcutter or Exacto blade. DO NOT use pliers to grab the hoses at the fittings to loosen them. Risk distorting the round aluminum tubes on the radiator and coolant reservoir.
4) long needle nose pliers will loosen and remove the Constant Tension hose clamps which can all be reused if you don't damage them.
5) Rinse out each hose piece then use soapy water to lube the fittings and hoses to reinstall
6) Rinse out the system with distilled water before filling with Dexcool. Wait a day then check for leaks.
That's all I can remember for now.
As always...don't make it too hard (like I usually do :)
2-cents,
Dave

Thanks - I'll get the hoses from AS. They have all Fuel and Oil.

You got a source and part # for NEW:

>Fuel Pressure Sender - I got VDO
>Oil Sender - I got Honeywell

I have a 2010 model also, Lockwood stocks the Honeywell oil pres. sender and Fuel pressure VDO., you can talk to the parts dept. for the correct part number needed.. I have also re located the OP sender to the firewall using a kit from Flight Lines. If I remember correctly you can go into the D180 menu to cancel or adjust when the alarms go off.

I have a 2010 model also, Lockwood stocks the Honeywell oil pres. sender and Fuel pressure VDO., you can talk to the parts dept. for the correct part number needed.. I have also re located the OP sender to the firewall using a kit from Flight Lines. If I remember correctly you can go into the D180 menu to cancel or adjust when the alarms go off.

I read that the Honeywell was the Gen-2 and they have a Gen-3 Oil Sender?

Also - I think the VDO fuel pressure sender has a new replacement? Kavlico? or go back with the orignal VDO 2 wire. I see some folks buying off Amazon, but still can't find part #. My VDO has no part # on it........

Thanks

Thanks I saw the Dynon bulletin, which recommends going with the Kavlico sensor.

Lockwood did throw out a VDO #360 043 Gauge Pressure Sender. It looks just like the one I have and the PSI is right. I think it would be much easier vs the new Kavlico.
[URL="https://www.amazon.com/VDO-360-043-Pressure-Sender/dp/B004C10G02[/URL]

I'm still searching for the Oil Sender part #?

Wallace

I use the Honeywell OP unit that Lockwood sells, it works fine and lasts longer when re located to the firewall. Make sure your wire crimps are good, that has caused me ghost problems before.

Back