What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Willing to help someone on their build in CO

Flyingeyes

I'm New Here
I'm a student pilot hoping to finish up in January next year. I'm thinking of building an RV10 some day. If there's anyone in the CO area that wouldn't mind a responsible person watching or even helping someone with their build I'd be interested. I'll bring beer or sing (uh, hope not) if that helps :)

I live in Westminster and fly out of KEIK with Vector Air.

Jamie

Jamie,

I sure wish you lived nearer to Durango! I even have a pink 1950 GE beer fridge with a keg full of Durango Wheat (NBWB...no booze while building). We built an RV-8A nine years ago, but I got the itch again. Now building a Midget Mustang, plans only, so I can demo how painfull "real slow" building can be.

If you are ever passing thru beautiful SW Colorado give me a holler.

Jim Thornton
Sweet Pea N858T
Mustang Sally N858MM
970-769-9830

Thanks Mike.
Jim, I've never been to Durango but I'm thinking of all these places I could go to a lot faster in a plane! I wish I could help.

Jamie

Jamie,

I was based at KEIK for awhile and I'm at KBJC now. I can't help you with building, since I bought a flying RV-6, but if you want to help me put my cowl back on maybe we can go for a ride on Monday afternoon, winds and weather permitting.

You should stop by the next EAA 43 meeting. They hold them on Saturday night though.

Who is your instructor at Vector?

John K

John,

I'm up for that! I feel like I've missed out on a whole world of cool things aviation so I'm up for anything I can do to help. Just send me a private message and I can call you or vice versa. I could manage a meeting so I'll find out about that.

Gerald Curry is my instructor and I recommend him highly to anyone.

Jamie

I know not everyone will see this thread...so this is a bump of sorts.

I hope there's someone....someone out in the Denver area...that wouldn't mind an assist with their build.

Anyone? Anyone know anyone that I can contact? Vans sent me mailing addresses of Colorado builders but there's no indication of the present status of their project. I figured the most effective way would be to ask here.

COS

Jamie,

I live in Colorado Springs and am midway into a 7 build. I also built most of a 10 a few years ago before selling. It now flies in WY. Got my Private Certificate well into the 10 build and am a low-time pilot compared to most on this list. Happy to help you study for yours...keeps me fresh.:D

You are welcome to make the drive and check out the project and ask lots of questions. There may be times in the future you could lend a hand. Right now, I'm working on the center fuselage.

Finally, there are some really good guys out out Front Range and several in COS (6,7s, 9A, 10). Most would be happy to help you.

We meet once in awhile for dinner and do project tours.

Let me know. I travel with my job, so patience with me please.

My 10 site http://websites.expercraft.com/seanb/

My7 site http://websites.expercraft.com/sblair/

Sean,

I'll PM you (assuming this site allows that). Thanks.

Still looking for anyone in the Denver area. There are to be a mentors program for this kinda thing.

gstone....wish I could help!

Jamie

Back