What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuses/CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboy143

Builders I plan to use fuses instead of CB...Where did you get your fuse block and how many fuse slots were there.

Thank you all. Found the one I want....Vans no longer sells the one on there prints...

Last edited:
I’m using an Eaton Bussmann 28 fuse block from Connector Concepts in Illinois.
They’re also supplied by Waytek amongst others. Mine is a 2 Busbar version 24/4 but I modified it to give me 20/8. They come in a number of different sizes.
Hope this helps
Ian.

On mine I installed the fuse panel as per original plan , vertical. Helping a friend install his (he used breakers), but he purchased the "15 POWER MOD install kit" from Van's. Much better install as the panel is slanted, therefore much more visible from the seat. I purchased a kit and will install it this winter. It wasn't available when I built mine.

I used a panel mounted EATON Bussmann Series 15713-24-12-22A ATC Fuse Block with rear terminals. 24 circuits on three separate busses (12, 4, and 8 circuits) makes it handy for normal, emergency, and avionics buss assignment. That series goes up to 32 circuits as the largest unit. Looks nice as a panel mounted unit for easy access to check the fuse state (lights up when open).

I usually use Wytek Wire for sourcing circuit protection and contactors. Also a good source for automotive style sealed circuit connectors for the wiring harness if you ever need to disconnect a component.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

I also used the Eaton Bussman Series 15700 - RTA bus blocks.

Here is how I configured two of them for my dual bus system.

Notice that two of the fuses are actually ATC circuit breakers for the alternator field circuits.

picture-15.jpg
picture-16.jpg

Builders I plan to use fuses instead of CB...Where did you get your fuse block and how many fuse slots were there.

B&C electric without a doubt. Fuse blocks, current limiters, voltage regulators, diodes, ground blocks, alternators, etc. These folks stand behind their products even years after the warranty ends. Had a voltage regulator go bad 4 years after warranty expiration and they replaced it, no charge. Their response was “it should not have faulted on you”.
I have no skin in the game with these folks but when I build my next airplane, B&C is where I’ll go for my electrical system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back