What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick grip options

Indy

My RV-4 has just a basic PTT on the stick. I'm looking to install a smoke system and want controls that allow me to do just a momentary ON (for a puff or short burst) or sustained on. Looks like Infinity and Tosten grips are the most common, but also have a lot more buttons switches than I really need. Looking for other recommendations.

I have always used Tosten, even under the prior company name before the aircraft grips were split off. They have 1, 2, 4, and 6 button choice, IIRC. Doesn't hurt to have an extra or two.

Infinity has an outstanding reputation, but I have no experience with them.

What I did

What I did on my -4. I used the MAC grip with Aileron and Elevator trim buttons, and Flap up and down buttons. The trigger button is for radio key, and for smoke, I installed a button on my throttle handle (momentary), with the main smoke switch to go off or full time on located just forward of the stick on the panel. This allows me to fly the airplane in all modes without ever letting go of the stick or throttle.

Attachments

• Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 216
Back