What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Mag to a single Slingle Mag+Plasma

p51dplt

Well Known Member
I know someone has done this already but I want more info. I want to remove my Bendix D Series Dual Mag and replace it with a Single Mag and a Lightspeed Plasma EI. What type of single mag has been used in place of the dual? Will a Slick 4373 Impulse Mag work? I have heard a Bendix 1200 series will work, but I don't have the correct number to look for and can't find any info on what model to get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you plug in a single P-mag in place of the double unit?

That might be an option, but I'm not totally sold on a purely electronic ignition yet. If I wasn't so concerned about going totally electronic, I would do a dual electronic system with the crankshaft trigger.

For those of you that still have a D series dual mag, how does one go about disabling one half of it?

Looking for answers....

I know someone has done this already but I want more info. I want to remove my Bendix D Series Dual Mag and replace it with a Single Mag and a Lightspeed Plasma EI. What type of single mag has been used in place of the dual? Will a Slick 4373 Impulse Mag work? I have heard a Bendix 1200 series will work, but I don't have the correct number to look for and can't find any info on what model to get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PM me your email address and I'll send you a longish paper I wrote on it.

Back