What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Experience with MicroAir Transponder?

gossend

Well Known Member
Considering the T2000SFL xponder for my EAB (RV) 12. Does anyone have experience with it? Any suggestions (2 1/4" hole. Mounted) ?l:(

No issues to report

I've used one for 6 years in my RV-6, along with two of their coms, no problems to report, aside from my occasionally forgetting to turn it to ALT :eek:

I have a Microair T2000SFL transponder in my RV-6. Works fine, does what it says on the box.

- mark

I'd recommend you look at the Trig TT22, Mode S (ADS-B compliant) with built in altitude encoder.

tt22combo%2520smaller.jpg

Last edited:
I too have a Micro air transponder. No complaints. The only glitch is that I had to send it back to Australia one time for service. It takes a little longer to get it back than I would have liked, but it was great service.

MicroAir

I have both the transponder and the VHF radio in my ELSA Quasar. They work great, don't take up much panel space, and are super light. Put that together with what I think is very inexpensive, and they are both winners.
I now wish I had went EAB on the -12, It would have MicroAir.
Chuck

microair for sale

I have a MicroAir transponder that I am willing to sell. It was removed from my RV-8 during a panel upgrade a few years ago. If you are interested in it, you can PM me. I can fly it over in October while I'm make runs over to San Marcos for my $1/gal gas.

David

Plus 1 on the Trig TT-22 recommendation. Quality product and great customer service. The small control head comes with an adaptor for 2 1/4" mount if you prefer. Since you are RV-12, you might check out their TT-21 Class 2 (lower power) unit as well.
http://www.trigavionics.com/tt22.html

pk

Back