What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Echo uat

rwarre

Well Known Member
So I re-checked all the wiring and settings that has to do with my echo. Moved the plane outside and the 327 transponder shows pressure altitude at the field elevation. The fields in echo app are not populated except for the aircraft id(hex code) and N number. My foreflight app says ownship not detected. So this means the adsb out is not transmitting.Right? Would this change when I fly the airplane? I have flashing green lights fron the echo. 2 long and then 2 short

Your Echo is not set up correctly if all you have is hex code and tail number displayed in the Echo App Monitor function. All the fields should be populated. To include squawk if you have radar reply/coverage on the ground to get your transponder talking. You definitely should have GPS information within 5 minutes of power up.

For the UAT Echo I?ve found you MUST turn off all cellular data on your iPhone. Then turn on WiFi ONLY and connect to the Echo WiFi network and close all apps except for the Echo App. Then follow the echo setup guide.

If you do not turn off cellular data and close all EFB apps (ForeFlight, FltPlan-Go, Garmin Pilot, etc) any changes you make in the Echo App will look as if it?s correctly set up but will not take and will show as if you have not entered anything when the Echo device is powered down then powered back up.

UAvionix is super helpful if you contact customer service via their website:)

Good luck!

mbert is correct that you must have radar interrogation of your Garmin 327 so that the Echo UAT can "sniff" the the pressure altitude and squawk. If you don't have radar interrogation of the transponder on the ground, the transponder isn't transmitting and you'll just have to go flying to see if it is working. Otherwise, you may have to adjust the sensitivity with instructions from uAvionix.

Back