What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New FAA Procedure?

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
My inspection was canceled at the last minute by the DAR, saying we have to get into the new online system. He says all of the paperwork and forms that I have filled out now have to be done online.

The DAR says this is new, and he did not find out about this until a day before our scheduled inspection.

Anyone here know about this? I can't find anything online.

A number of close friends are throwing the BS flag over this.

Last edited:
Your friends are wrong, the DAR is correct. He must not do many inspections, the FAA switched to the on-line submission of forms some time ago.

But - check with your local FSDO office on what they are doing.

I spent hours on line doing my application (and the on line program is amazingly and needlessly complicated). After this the FSDO office says they want paper as they don't know how to use the on line system.

This was last April - perhaps things have changed.

Carl

My DAR used to work for the FAA in the CLE FSDO office. He called them up, asking for a waiver in our case.

Request denied.

The "new" system became mandatory on all inspection applications after 30 JUN 2020.

Ditto what Mel says. It's mandatory. There is an on-line user guide for the Airworthiness Center. If you can't find it, send me your email address and I will send the PDF.

Maybe I should just send it to Doug and he can put it in a sticky.

Vic

I filled out the online application. No big deal, just a bit tedious. But there was no place or mention for registering for a repairman's certificate.

Other than that, I think all of the boxes were checked. Hope to hear something soon.

I filled out the online application. No big deal, just a bit tedious. But there was no place or mention for registering for a repairman's certificate.

Other than that, I think all of the boxes were checked. Hope to hear something soon.

Did you ever install the wing guns? I saw a video of some strobe light guns you posted somewhere else that were for sale, do you know if they still sell those?

Did mine a few days ago this way. It sucked, but we managed to get through it. I think the DAR had a more difficult time than I did. I will tell you that it’s still helpful to have the EAA’s guide to getting your airworthiness certificate.

The problem with this new system is that it is used for a LOT more than just what we need it for in order to get an AW certificate for E/AB. In my opinion, that is the problem.

I actually put together a PDF to go back and forth with the DAR here. I think I did a pretty good job of laying out what needs to be done (as well as some of the problems I saw with it, in my opinion). I hope this can help some folks out.

Attachments

• Faa AWC Portal.pdf
    555.9 KB · Views: 644
I did an EAA webinar on the new system. You can watch the webinar here:

https://www.eaa.org/videos/6160355187001

It's a big improvement.... for the folks at the aircraft registration branch. We are now doing their work for them. It's a PITA for everyone else, and the user guides are about as useless as they can be.

The new, improved, friendlier FAA..... :mad:

Thanks for the links everyone has posted on this. They are very useful. I just started this online process yesterday. I'm still a bit unclear on what documents I actually need to submit but I'm already in contact with my DAR so I'll ask him.

I am ready to register my aircraft.....waiting on Bill of Sale from mothership. Has anything changed with the registration process..... mail in forms with a check.... or is it on line as well now?

I am ready to register my aircraft.....waiting on Bill of Sale from mothership. Has anything changed with the registration process..... mail in forms with a check.... or is it on line as well now?

It is still the same. Mine just came in the mail. They had it processed within just a couple of days.

Back